So I’m new to the whole blogging scene and to receive this award is really exciting! It is a motivation for me to continue with travelling and writing. So a big thank you to Two Brown Feet for appreciating me, you guys have a great blog and had inspired me to start my own.
I have recently been nominated for this award again by Confessions of a Food Tourist, a blog owned by a food tourist- such a cool title to have, I wish I was a food tourist, love the sound of it!
THE LIEBSTER AWARD
“Liebster is a word with German origins meaning dearest, sweetest, kindest, and beloved. The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. The award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize and discover upcoming talent in the blogosphere through a Pay it Forward initiative.”
And the rules:
- We have to link back to the person who nominated us (but cannot re-nominate them)
- We have to answer the 10 questions given to us
- Select 10 blogs with under 200 followers to answer our 10 questions
Here are my answers for Two Brown Feet’s questions (luckily they asked only 5 questions, yayy!)
1. What kick-started your travel/photography journey?
I started my journey when I went to UK to study design. My course had lectures just 2 times a week, so I would finish all my uni work by Thursday and get on a train/ bus to travel during the weekend. Since UK is not so big it was really convenient to get around, always got great deals being a student too. I always loved photography and my camera loved UK, so got a win win there!
2. If there’s one place (one that you’ve visited) you’d love to stay for the rest of your life in, where would it be?
Honestly, I love my country (India) and would love to always live here. But Italy would be amazing too, somewhere on Amalfi Coast or Lake Como.
3. Have you ever chosen hunger over a weird/inedible dish?
I have never actually come across an inedible dish, which is pretty weird!
4. Do you have a travel movie that never fails to inspire you?
This might be a cliche- The Bucket List. But most movies that are shot in exotic locations inspire me, even when they are not about travel.
5. Have you ever chosen to let a moment remain a moment, rather than capture it on your camera?
I am starting to work on that now. I realized while capturing the Niagara falls; I got this perfect moment when a rainbow showed up on my camera screen, I got the shot but never actually saw the rainbow or the beauty of the falls. On my latest trip to Rajasthan I did not carry my camera to a few locations and I kind of enjoyed it, so did my neck!
Here are my answers to Confessions of a Food Tourist‘s questions:
- Summer or Winter? Summer definitely! I basically prefer shorts to a 100 layers of clothes!
- First paid job? Student ambassador for Plymouth University.
- Favourite author? Well, I have never read a book- which is just embarrassing.
- You’re hosting an intimate dinner party and can invite 3 celebrities (living or dead) – who would you invite, and why? Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn so that we could take some pretty amazing photographs.
- Most memorable holiday/vacation meal: Eating at a food flea market in Brooklyn, a different experience and brilliant food. Smorgasburgh Market.
- Favourite photo you’ve taken yourself (feel free to post and/or describe) Serenity – I had posted it on one of the weekly photo challenges recently.
- Write down a line or two of lyrics from the first song that pops into your head right…now!Its not always rainbows and butterflies, its compromise that moves us along…
- Your number one dream destination that you haven’t visited yet (be as specific or generic as you like) There’s many: Bucket List. My top choice would be a sailing week in Greece or Croatia
- If you could meet anyone in history, who would it be, and what would you ask (or tell) them? Probably a famous painter like Andy Warhol and ask him a whole lot of questions about his work.
- Describe what happened the last time you laughed out loud (it’s okay if nobody else gets it – it happens to me all the time!) If its how I remember- My boyfriend and I were having an argument and I said something funny (unintentionally) and both us laughed it out.
- What was the first movie you remember seeing at the cinema/movie theatre? I’m quite sure it was Lion King.
My questions are:
1. Strict itinerary or spontaneous travel?
2. Your inspiration to travel/ photograph and blog?
3. A travel tip you would like to share?
4. A place you would love to visit again?
5. What are the top 5 things on your bucketlist?
6. Top 5 songs from your latest travel playlist?
7. Apart from photographs, how do you treasure your travel memories?
And my nominations for this award are these wonderful blogs: